Canada will be welcoming record numbers of immigrants in the coming years. Many will choose to live in the largest cities of Canada including the GTA, Montreal and the Lower Mainland. There are many reasons why immigrants choose to settle in Alberta and in particular Calgary. There are many reasons why someone might choose to move to Calgary, Alberta. Some potential attractions of the city include:
- Strong economy: Calgary has a diverse economy, with strong sectors in energy, finance, transportation, and technology. This can make it a good place to find work and start a business.
- Beautiful natural surroundings: Located in the foothills of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, Calgary is surrounded by stunning natural beauty, including parks, trails, and recreational areas.
- Cultural attractions: The city has a vibrant arts scene, with numerous galleries, theaters, and music venues. There are numerous and active diaspora communities.
- Affordable cost of living: While prices in Calgary are higher than in some other parts of Canada, the cost of living is significantly lower than in major cities like Toronto or Vancouver. There is no Provincial Sales Tax in this Province and the price of housing is significantly less than the aforementioned cities.
- Friendly and welcoming community: Many people who live in Calgary report that it is a friendly and welcoming place, with a strong sense of community.
- Calgary has excellent post-secondary institutions including Mount Royal University and the University of Calgary.
Of course, there are also potential drawbacks to living in any city, and it’s important to carefully consider all aspects of a potential move before making a decision.